The Poornima, the full moon day, observance in month of Shravana in the traditional Hindu calendar is distinguished as Shravana Poornima. Shravana Poornima 2017 time begins from 12:47 pm on 06 august 2017.
Shravana Poornima 2017 time ends at 12:33 pm on 07 August 2017. On this auspicious day Hindu, satyanarayan pooja is held on this day. Devotees worship lord satyanarayan who is an avatar of lord Vishnu.
Shravana Poornima Vrat date is on Monday, 07 august 2017. Shravana month is the 5th month in the Hindu calendar and the months of august - September in Gregorian calendar.
It is widespread belief that one who performs the Shravana Poornima Snan receives the divine blessing of lord Vishnu and to get freedom from all the negativities in devotee’s life.
It comes just after ashadha Poornima. Hindus famous festival Raksha Bandhan is also celebrate on Shravana Poornima
Timing on Shravana Poornima Vrat 2017 -
In this section, timing on Shravana Poornima Vrat 2017 are being described below. Let’s check it out.
- Sunrise on Shravana Poornima – 05: 45 am on 07 august 2017 (Sunday)
- Sunset on Shravana Poornima - 06:48 pm on 07 August 2017 (Monday)
- Shravana Poornima Tithi begins - 12:45pm on 06 august 2017 (Sunday)
- Shravana Poornima Tithi ends – 12:28 pm on 07 august 2017 (Monday)
- Puja Muhurat on Shravana Poornima – 09:19 am to 12:35 pm on 07 august 2017 (Monday).
Items to Perform Shravana Poornima Vrat :-
Performing Shravana Poornima Pooja is considered very auspicious and that’s why we are going to mention here the list of items you need to have to go along with this Puja.
- Lord Vishnu Idol,
- Sandal Wood Powder,
- 5 Types of Fruits,
- Decorative Cloth,
- Dhoop Batti,
- Ganga Jaal,
- T Janev Joda,
- Agarbatti/Incense Sticks,
- Tilli Laddo diya
- Flowers/ Phool,Ghanta/ Bell,
- Piper Betle,
- Gud/ Jaggery,
- Kele Ke Patte,
- Red Holy Powder,
- Aarti Thali,
- Panchamrat, Panchapatra,
- Leaf of Tulsi,
- Tulsi Vivah Katha Book
- 5 types of dry fruits,
- AkshataAshtagandha/Scented Orange Powderm,
- Kalash/ Finial,
The Shravana Poornima Vrat Vidhi –
In this section, the Shravana Poornima Vrat Vidhi is being described below. Let’s check it out.
- On Shravana Poornima, wake up early in the morning.
- Taking a bath in the holy rivers like Yamuna, Narmada, Saraswati and Ganga, is considered very rewarding on Shravana Poornima.
- Performing Vishnu pooja at home or workshop.
- After Vishnu pooja, the recital of satyanarayan Katha.
- If there is near any Vishnu Mandir, you must visit on Shravana Poornima.
- Chanting this mantra for at least 1008 times, “Om Namo Narayana” and Gayatri mantras.
- On the Shravana Poornima, donate clothes and food to needy. Charity done on Shravana Poornima is highly rewarding.
For more details, you can contact us at +919870286388 or email us at email@example.com
Send your details for any Query from this form.