Shravan Mass puja revolves around the worship of Lord Shiva. In this auspicious month, Shivling is showered with Gangajal, milk, Punchamrit and honey.
A wide array of things are offered like Bel, Bilva, Patra, Fresh Flower, Fruit, Roli, Rice, Bhang, Prasad, Nuts and so on.
There are many devotees who have great firm in Lord Shiva and follow restrict fast throughout the auspicious month.
They keep chanting various mantras dedicated to Lord Shiva and read Holy Scripture. Lord Shiva is one and only God can be getting pleased very easily.
How To Perform Sawan Somvar Vrat Mass Puja:
- Devotees get up early in the morning and take a bath to purify their sins.
- They pray to Lord Ganesha as he is worshipped first of all among all deities.
- On this day, devotees take Sankalap to keep their heart cleaned and will not think anything wrong for others.
- Devotees keep chanting various Mantra belong to Lord Shiva like Mahamrityunjap Mantra etc.
- On this auspicious day, devotees also read Swan Somvar Vrat Katha to know the marvellous journey of Lord Shiva from life to eternity.
- Various kind of auspicious things like Bilva Patra, Bel, Bhang, Dhoop, Fruits, and Fresh Flower are also offered.
- In the evening or next day early in the morning, the fast is broken doing worshipping of Lord Shiva.
The Date of Shravana Mass And All Puja
The auspicious month will start from July 20 and will get finished on August 18, 2016. In this month various kinds of Puja are performed like Naag Puja, Mangla Gauri Puja, Swayamvara Parvati Puja, Maha Rudrabhishek, Raksha Bandan and Shravan Mas Shiv Poojanam. They are very important to follow. All these pooja have their own significance.