Lord Shiva is well known as the God of Gods. He is the maker of the world in which we exist. When it comes about that how to please Lord Shiva within very short span time then the answer is SHivratri Pooja.
Significant Of Lord Shiva Puja
- Lord Shiva Puja holds tremendous significant in Hindu mythology.
- Those who have been looking for the ideal life partner, may get because of the grace of Lord Shiva.
- Since Lord Shiva can be pleased without adding too much efforts, devotees do not have to do a lot of sacrifice.
- Devotees can be get blessed with moksha in their afterlife.
How to Do Puja Of Lord Shiva
Let's know about the items you need to perform Lord Shiva Puja.
Garland of fresh flower
Never forget Abhishekam, hugging linga and ringing the temple wells during pooja.
Benefits Of Performing Lord Shiva Puja
- Worshipping Lord Shiva plays an important role to enhance the spiritual growth in you.
- You are guided by him in a right way and find yourself easy to decide that what to do and what not.
- It is very beneficial for the women whether you are married or unmarried.
- Married women always worship lord Shiva for the longevity of their son and husbands.
- On the other hand, unmarried women worship Lord Shiva for getting the ideal husband like him.
Puja Vidhi Of Lord Shiva
- To perform Lord Shiva Puja, devotee needs to get up early in the morning.
- Take Shower and attire cleaned clothes.
- You must keep fast on that day.
- Keep chanting the mantra OM NAMAH SHIVAYA.
- Offer Punchamrit on Shivlinga. Abhishekam is one of the very important custom to play when it comes to perform Shiva Puja. To do Abhishekam, it is required to have Punchamrit which is prepared with these five things Ghee, Sugar, Water, Honey, Yogurt and Milk.
- Then serve Bilwa leaves and place them on top of the Shivling.
- During Lord Shiva pooja it is required to chant Shri Rudram, Dasa Shanti and Chamakam.
- Apart from it, Ber and jujube is also served.
- Light up the lamp having ghee and incense.
- You may read the Stories, hymns and mantras belong to lord Shiva.
- Next day, take bath and worship lord Shiva. Then take prashad and thus pooja gets completed.