The Poornima, the full moon day, observance in month of Magha in the traditional Hindu calendar is distinguished as Magha Poornima. Magha Poornima 2017 time begins from 12:31 pm on 09 February 2017.
Magha Poornima 2017 time ends at 12:12 pm on 10 February 2017. On this auspicious day Hindu, satyanarayan pooja is held on this day. Devotees worship lord satyanarayan who is an avatar of lord Vishnu.
Magha Poornima Vrat date is on Friday, 10 February 2017. Magha month is the 11th month in the Hindu calendar and the months of February – march in Gregorian calendar.
It is widespread belief that one who performs the Magha Poornima Snan receives the divine blessing of lord Vishnu and to get freedom from all the negativities in devotee’s life.
Magha Poornima is also known as maghi Poornima or maha maghi. It comes just after Paush Poornima.
Timing on Magha Poornima Vrat 2017 -
In this section, timing on Magha Poornima Vrat 2017 are being described below. Let’s check it out.
- Sunrise on Magha Poornima – 06:12 am on 10 February 2017 (Friday)
- Sunset on Magha Poornima - 06:34 pm on 10 February 2017 (Friday)
- Magha Poornima Tithi begins - 12:41 pm on 09 February 2017 (Thursday)
- Magha Poornima Tithi ends – 12:32 pm on 10 February 2017 (Friday)
- Magha Puja Muhurat – 10:35 am to 12:44 pm on 10 February 2017.
Items to Perform Magha Poornima Vrat :-
Performing Magha Poornima Pooja is considered very auspicious and that’s why we are going to mention here the list of items you need to have to go along with this Puja.
- Lord Ganesh idol
- Godess lakhshmi Idol,
- 5 Types of Fruits,
- Kele Ke Patte,
- Decorative Cloth,
- Dhoop Batti,
- Ganga Jaal,
- Leaf of Tulsi,
- Lord Vishnu Idol,
- Janev Joda,
- Kalash/ Finial,
- Red Holy Powder,
- Aarti Thali,
- Agarbatti/Incense Sticks,
- AkshataAshtagandha/Scented Orange Powderm,
- Flowers/ Phool,Ghanta/ Bell,
- Gud/ Jaggery,
- Piper Betle,
- Tilli Laddo,
- 5 types of dry fruits,
- Panchamrat, Panchapatra,
- Aarti, Sandal Wood Powder,
- Tulsi Vivah Katha Book
The Magha Poornima Vrat Vidhi –
In this section, the Magha Poornima Vrat Vidhi is being described below. Let’s check it out.
- On Magha Poornima, wake up early in the morning.
- Taking a bath in the holy rivers like Yamuna, Narmada, Saraswati and Ganga, is considered very rewarding on Magha Poornima.
- Performing Vishnu pooja at home or workshop.
- After Vishnu pooja, the recital of satyanarayan Katha.
- If there is near any Vishnu Mandir, you must visit in Magha Poornima.
- Chanting this mantra for at least 108 times, “Om Namo Narayana” and Gayatri mantras.
- On Magha Poornima, donate clothes and food to needy. Charity don on Magha Poornima is highly rewarding.
For more details, you can contact us at +919069100911 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your details for any Query from this form.