Krishna is one of the Lords quite famous among the devotees because of holding colourful nature. He is considered the best son, beloved and friend. Being a friend, he helped Arjun and taught him incredible lessons.
As a beloved, he rules over the heart of the many Gopis, Radha, Rukmani and Meera. He is the son of Devki and Yashoda both. And that’s why Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated all around the country on a large scale as Krishna holds a great fan following.
When Krishna Janmashtami Falls in 2016:-
- In 2016, Krishna Janmashtami will be celebrated on August 25th.
- It will be Krishna’s 5243th Birth Anniversary.
- The duration of Nishita Puja Time will be about 44 minutes as it will start at 24:00+ and get finished at 24:45+.
- And Parana Time will be considered after 10:52 on 26th, Parana Time.
- Dahi Handi will be celebrated on 26th, August.
What To Keep In Mind While Fasting
- Devotee should not take grain during fast otherwise it will be consider broken.
- The fast is broken on the next day after sunrise. And Parana must do at the given time.
- Devotees have to take only one time meal and it could be fruits and dairy products.
- The rule of Krishna Janmashtami is quite similar to Ekdashi Vrat.
How Krishna Janmashtami is Celebrated
Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated in India on a large scale. Temples are decorated in an amazing manner. Lord Krishna is showered with milk and scented water. After bathing, he is attired in eye-catching attire studded with mirror work and jewel work.
All devotees get together in the temple and take part in Bhajan-Kirtan dedicated to Lord Krishna. In the evening, temples look quite beautiful and the whole atmosphere get oozed with the name of Jai Shri Krishna.