In 2016, Krishna Janmashtami falls on August 25th. On this day, devotees head to the temple to take the blessings and organise Janmashtami puja at home. Here, in this blog the accurate Puja Vidhi of Janmashtami puja is being mentioned.
Things To Perform Janmashtami Puja: -
In this section, we are going to explain about the essential ingredients you need to perform on Janmashtami Puja.
- Red Cloth for Chawki
- Idol or photo of Baby Krishna
- Holy Basil Leaves
- Makhan Mishri
- Clothes and Ornaments for Lord Krishna
- Flower Garland
- Ashgandha Chandan or Roli
- Raw Rice
How To Perform Janmashtami Puja:-
If you are thinking to perform this pooja at home, check out these points explaining the way of performing Janmashtami Puja.
- Place the chawki after cleaning the pooja place.
- Put the red clothe over it.
- After showering, place the idol of Lord Krishna on it.
- Light up the Dhoop and Ghee Dia.
- Pray Lord Krishna to come and receive the pooja.
- Offer Panchmrit to shower Lord Krishna.
- Sprinkle Gangajal over the idol.
- Now attire Lord Krishna embellished clothe.
- Now, light up the earthen lamp and Dhoop in front of Lord Krishna.
- Put the Roli Tilak and Akshat at the forehead of lord Krishna.
- Serve Makhan, Mishri, Tulsi and Gangajal.
- Then offer garland made from fresh flower.
- Now, imagine the image of Lord Krishna.
- Chant all the names of Lord Krishna.
- To accomplish the pooja, take a flower and rice in your hand and leave it at chawki saying “O Lord Krishna, many thank you come”.
So, what are you waiting for? This Janmashtami you may perform Janmashtami Puja at home as well. We wish you a very happy Janmashtami. May this Janmashtami pooja will bring a lot of happiness to your home.