In India, Ganesh Chaturthi Puja is performed on a large scale all around the country. It is also known as the birth anniversary of Lord Ganesha. Since Lord Ganesha is considered the god of wisdom, good fortune and prosperity, Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Muhurat is celebrated with a great pomp and show. Lord Ganesha was born at the time of Shukla Paksha or Bhadrapada month. It is the 10 days long festival which ends up with the immerse idol of Lord Ganesh.
Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Muhurat 2017 (Date and Time)
Ganesh Chaturthi will be celebrated on 25th August 2017. The mahurat of Madhyahana Ganesha puja is from 11:10 to 13:35. It is believed that the Lord Ganesha was born during mid-day.
What Is The Time Of Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Muhurat In 2016
- Ganesh Chaturthi Puja will be celebrated on 4-5 September 2016.
- The time durations of Madhyahna Ganesha Puja will be of 2 hours 29 minutes.
- It will start at 11:04 and get finished at 13:34.
Why Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Is Performed During Madhyahna
- Ganesh Chaturthi Puja is performed during Madhyahna since it is believed that Lord Ganesh was born at that time.
- As per Hindu division of the day, Madhyahna Kala is considered equivalent to midday.
- To put in another words, the time between sunrises to sunset can be divided into five equal parts like Pratahkala, Sangava, Madhyahna, Aparahna and Sayankal.
- And Ganesh Chaturthi puja is performed during Madhyahna as it is considered quite auspicious.
- On September 04, Chaturthi Tithi starts at 18:54 and at 21.09 on September 05, 2016.
Why Moon Sighting Is Prohibited On Ganesha Chaturthi
As per the mythology, seeing the moon on Ganesh Chaturthi leads towards Mithya Doshama. It is it word belong to Sanskrit language stands for false accusation of stealing something. In case, if someone sees it by mistake must chant this mantra mentioned below.
सिंहः प्रसेनमवधीत्सिंहो जाम्बवता हतः।
सुकुमारक मारोदीस्तव ह्येष स्यमन्तकः॥
- On September 04, 2016, time to avoid moon sighting will be in between 18:54 to 20:30.
- It will be on September 05 from 9:16 to 21:05.