Ganesh Chaturthi starts with Ganapati Sthapana. On Shukla Chaturthi at 1 PM, Ganesha idol was born. And that’s why Ganapathi Sthapana is performed in between 12.30PM to 1PM. As per believe, it should be established at the place where you can see it a number of times as it considered auspicious.
Here, the whole procedure of Ganapati Sthapana is being described in a discreet manner.
- Avahana: - It is all about praying Lord Ganesha to come at home to receive offerings. Avahana is performed only when you install the new idol of Lord Ganesha.
- Pratishthapan:- During Avahana, devotee need to recite the mantra “akratund Mahakaay Suryakoti Samaprabha Nirvighnam Kurume Dev Sarvakaryeshu Sarvada”.
- Asan Samarpan: - It belongs to prepare a seat dedicated to Lord Ganesha. A Chawki is placed and covered by Red cloth. And Lord Ganesha is installed on it.
- Ardhya Samarpan:- During this ritual, Gangajal is sprinkled along with the scent to sacred the place.
- Aachaman:- Before uttering the mantra, it is essential to clean the mouth first.
- Snan:- This term belongs to serve a shower to the idol you are going to worship. To Snan, you need milk, curd, honey, jiggery, scented water, panchmrit, ghee and finally clear water.
- Vastra Samarpan:- After a shower, it is time to offer new cloth to Lord Ganesh.
- Yogyopavit Samarpan: - This step indicating towards dedication to Lord Ganesha.
- Gandha:- It indicated to serve fragrance to Lord Ganesha.
- Akshata:- it is broken rice which is offered to Lord Ganesha to bring prosperity.
- Pushpa Mala: - offer garland made from fresh flowers.
- Dhoop:- Light up dhoop in front of Lord Ganesha.
- Naivedya Nivedanam:- offer sweets to Lord Ganesh.
- Tambula Arpana:- offer paan, coconut and money called Tambula Arpana and necessary to follow.
- Aarti :- Chant the Aarti to accomplish the pooja.