Chhath Puja is the prominent festival dedicated to Lord Sun comes after six days long festival Diwali. It is celebrated all across India. This special puja of Lord Sun holds great value as it has also mentioned in the prominent scripture Mahabharata.
There is a confusion if this puja dedicated to Lord Sun was started by Karna or Draupadi. It is celebrated every year with a great pomp and show. In 2016, it falls on November 05-06.
Here, we are going to explore about Chhath Puja Vidhi in a great manner.
Pujan Samagri of Chhath Puja
Cow Gheem, Apple, mango wood, cotton Wick, Rava, angoli, Clove, Coconut, Red Rice, Guava, Brinjal, Honey, Lemon, Kagaji Lemon, Almond, Green Grapes. Dry Date, Charoli Cashew, Pista, Chestnut, Lotus Seeds, Wheat, Blanket, Sandal Powder, Scented Oil, Sitafal, Gram Pulse, Til Black, Screw Pine Water, Rose Water, Sugar Cane.
Mustered Oil, Cardamom, money For donation, Amla, Banana, Orange, Turmeric, Ginger, Dhoop, Camphor, Sugar, Vegetable, Beetal, Daliy, Soop, beetal Nut, Beetal Leaves, Akshat, Curd, Red Vermilion, Yellow Sindoor, Cow milk, Grass,Elephant Yam
How to Perform Chhath Puja 2016
- Put a red cloth and spread it where you are going to perform pooja.
- Now place the idols of Lord Ganesha and Lord Surya on the red cloth.
- Put Roli/Tilak on the forehead of Lord Ganesha and Surya both.
- Sprinkle Akshat and light up the incense sticks in front of the Lord Ganesha and Surya.
- Now, lit the Ghee Ka Dia and serve fruits both of them with love.
- Read the Chhath Puja Vrat Katha.
- Now take little Sandal and keep it inside your mouth until the sun rises.
- After rising, head to Sun Temple. And perform the above mentioned procedure once again.
- Distribute Dates to your relatives and friends as Prasad.
Send your details for any Query from this form.