In Hindu Religion, Sun is not only a planet but it is regarded as Lord Surya. Lord Surya is one and only God who can be seen.
Significant Role Of Surya Pooja
Surya Pooja holds a great place in the Hindu Religion. It is one and only God, you can see. Lord Surya is the God who is responsible for enhancing power, vitality, Gold, Promotion, fame and honour.
Benefits of Surya Puja
- It brings the peace of mind.
- It is source of energy and the same energy you will experience when perform pooja keeping all the customs in your mind.
- Surya Pooja is considered very beneficial to get good heart, eyes and health.
- The devotees find growth in their business and career.
- Surya Pooja never let you overwhelmed with the ego. It makes you able to control your emotion and mind.
Items To Perform Lord Surya Puja
Picture or Painting of Lord Surya
Fresh and cleaned flower,
Aditya Hridayam Book,
Gayatri Mantra prayer Book
Surya Puja Vidhi
- Get up early in the morning before sunrise.
- Take shower and wear cleaned clothes.
- Now face the rising sun.
- After this, take some water having a few drops of Gangajal and sprinkle it on your head to make yourself pure.
- Now offer prayers to Lord Ganesha as he is worshipped first of all before starting any kind of pooja.
- Now, pray to Lord Surya.
- Then offer water, flower and put Tilak on forehead of Lord Surya.
- After this, chant Gayatri Mantra and keep thinking about Lord Surya.
- Listen Aditya Hridya Stotram.
What About Fasting
If you are thinking about to keep fast on Sunday for Lord Surya then you may go ahead. The timing of fast will start from the sunrise of Sunday to till the next day sunrise. Devotees are allowed to take one time meal but it should be taken after sunrise. Make sure that the food should be without having salt. You may also eat fruit.