Vrahaspati or Brihaspati is another name for planet Jupiter. The Vrahaspati Puja
is done by people whose Jupiter is not correctly placed in the horoscope chart.
If a person’s vrahaspati is in place, he will have a lot of success and prosperity.
Vrahaspati is also known as the protector of earth as it has saved earth from many
stellar objects that meant to cause harm to the planet.
Mantras of Vrahaspati Puja:
Om Brim Brihaspatye Namah,
Om Graam Greem Graum SahGurve Namah,
Om Graam Greem Graum SahBrihasptaye Namah,
Om VrimBrihaspataye Namah,
Aum Hreem Kleem Hoom Brihaspataye Namah.
How this Puja should be done?
- The Vrahaspati Puja should begin on a Thursday only as it is the day especially
reserved for Jupiter.
- This puja can last up to 7 days.
- This puja can be accompanied by a yagya to increase its value.
- The puja should be done with a lot of faith in the planet Jupiter and one should
appreciate its power as it is the biggest planet.
- The person performing this puja should wear yellow colored clothes only.
- The mantras should be repeated over and over while facing north east.
- Fasting on Thursday can also improve the impact and benefits of this puja. One should
not eat any type of salt or banana while observing the fast.
Benefits of Vrahaspati Puja:
- It helps couples to conceive a child.
- This puja is beneficial for people who have any medical ailment as it reduces their
pain and takes away the illness.
- This puja can also turn luck and bring money to the devotee.
- This puja also increases longevity of life.
- It will help a person to increase his or her wisdom.
- This puja will also help in keeping away the evil thoughts and other problems like
restlessness of mind.