What is Surya Grahan?
Surya grahan occurs when a celestial body especially moon covers sun (surya) either partially or fully, this phenomenon is called as surya grahan or solar eclipse.
Mythological Significance of Surya Grahan:
According to legends surya grahan occurs because at the time of samundra manthan amrit came out which was to be divided among devas and asuras equally but asura were tricked by devas.
Only one sat among devas and drank the amrit which was reported to lord Vishnu the distributor of the amrit by Chandra and surya and he beheaded the asura. The head came to known as rahu and body as ketu, occasionally rahu seek revenge on surya and Chandra and gobbles them which causes surya grahan.
Details of Surya grahan 2016:
This year surya grahan will occur on the date of 9th of March 2016.
The longitude and latitude and timing positioning of the surya grahan will be:
TIME LONGITUDE AND LATITUDE
START - 5:45:49 88.5 E 2.4 S
MIDDLE -7:27:33 148.8 E 10.1 N
END- 9:8:12.5 144.7 W 32.5 N
All of this reading is based on Maidini jyotish and the effect of this surya grahan will last for the six months
To do and not to do on Surya Grahan
Not To Do:
- Refrain from beginning any important work on this day
- Taking bath in the holy rivers is considered blissful on this day
- Chant of auspicious mantras for spiritual uplift is good to do
- Keeping a fast on this day is advised by Vedas
- Keeping away from any physical intimacy is advised on this day
Pregnant Womens Guidelines for Surya Grahan:
- Do not perform any havan or yagna on this day.day.
- If you plan to eat then do not eat anything that is pre- cooked surya grahan.
- It is extremely avoidable to not eat at the exact time of grahan otherwise could harm in number of ways.
- Marriage ceremonials must not be held on the day of grahan.
Children should not be taken out in the grahan period.
Zodiac houses that will affected due to this occurrence
- All pregnant women must take bath before grahan and after grahan to save their unborn child from any malefic effect of this occurrence.nce.
- All pregnant women must not see the grahan with naked eyes
- Must not go outside on the day of surya grahan
- All ornaments must be removed from body on this day
- Do not eat anything that is cooked before surya grahan.
All women must recite Santana Gopala Mantra during the grahan period
This grahan will occur in Kumbh rashi and purvabhadrapad nakshatra and will be problematic for ukt rashi nakshatra
Surya mantra for the blessing bhagwan surya
|| Om hram hreem sah suryay namah ||
Observe this surya grahan to be uplifted spiritually and follow the guidelines properly to be saved from the malefic effect of this occurrence. For details to know about
Surya Grahan 2017 visit our website page.
Send your details for any Query from this form.