The Kamakhya Devi Temple is a Hindu temple, situated in Assam, dedicated to
the Goddess Kamakhya Mata, one of the oldest shakti peeths.
There are many unheard and true tales about the temple, today we have come up to
tell you the hidden secrets of Kamakhya Devi temple you might have never heard of.
Apart from the daily puja offered to Kamakhya Devi, many types of special pujas
are also offered round the year in Kamakhya Temple. These pujas are known as follow:
Durga Puja: Durga Puja is celebrated every year during the month of September-October,
also known as “Navratri”.
ख़रीदे माँ कामाख्या सिन्दूर और अपनी व्यापार में, धन में, नौकरी और रिलेशनशिप में आ रही परेशानियों को दूर करें, Click Here
Click Here For Ambubachi Mela Dates in 2017
Click Here For Maa Kamakhya Devi all Information
Ambubachi Puja: This is also an annually celebrated fertility festival of Maa Kamakhya
Devi. It is assumed that the Goddess experience menstrual during the period and
the temple remains closed for 3 days and then opened with great festivity on fourth
day called Ambubachi Mela.
Pohan Biya: This festival is celebrated as symbolic marriage between Lord Kamesvara
and Kamesvari Devi during the Hindi month of Pausha during December-January.
Vasanti Puja: Vasanti puja is carried out at Kamakhya Devi temple in the Hindi month
of Chaitra or during March-April.
Manasha Puja: This Puja is performed from Sankranti and continues up to the second
day of Bhadrapad.
अपने नाम, जन्म तिथि और गोत्र के आधार पर पूजा करवाये और प्रसाद पाएं अपने घर पर, Click Here
Here is 16 Secrets of Kamakhya Devi Temple
- Kamakhya Devi Temple in Assam is considered one of the oldest among the 52 shakti
peeths of India.
- The temple is situated at the peak of Nilanchal Parvat in the Western direction
of Guwahati city.
- There is no statue, idol or image of Devi in the temple, but in the corner of the
cave in the temple, there is sculptured image of the yoni or Vagina of the goddess,
which is the object of worship and reverence.
- The natural divine atmosphere around the temple keeps the stone image moist.
- The kamakhya Devi temple is a temple complex of individual temples of all ten Mahavidyas.
- Three Devi as Tripura Sundari, Matangi and Kamala reside in main temple premises
and other seven as Baglamukhi, Chinnamasta, kali, Tara Bhairavi and Dhumavati are
established in individual temples outside the Kamakhya Devi temple.
- This temple is one of the significant destination for the gernal Hindu Pilgrimages
specially Tantric worhsipper and it is said none tantric get the perfection in his
tantra method unless he once visit this temple and worship Maa kamakhya Devi
- This temple was destroyed and ignored during the tenure of many dynasties and rebuilt
or got recognition in several times lastly it was rebuilt in the 17th century by
king Nara Narayana.
Click Here For Maa Kamakhya Puja
Click Here For Kamakhya Services
- The temple has three main chambers. The chamber in west direction is large and rectangular
in shape but not used by general pilgrims for worship. The central chamber is of
square shape with a small idol of Devi, a later inclusion. The sculpted images of
Nara Narayana are inscribed on the walls of the central chamber.
- The middle chamber takes step to the sanctum called as Garbha Griha of the temple;
it is in the form of cave which consists a Vagina-shaped orifice in the bedrock.
जानें अपनी कुंडली के बारे में, हमें भेजे अपना नाम, जन्मतिथि, जन्म का समय और जन्म स्थान, Click Here
- It is said that Devi Sati married to Lord Shiva against the wish of her father,
king Daksha. Once king Daksha was organizing a yagna, but he didn’t invite Devi
Sati and her Husband lord Shiva. Sati became very upset knowing that, but she still
went with her husband to her father’s palace. When she reached at her father’s home,
he insulted her and Lord Shiva. Sati couldn’t bear this disrespect for her husband,
so she jumped off in the fire of Yagna and killed herself.
- When Lord Shiva got to know about this incident, he got very furious. Disgruntled
Shiva holding the dead body of Sati in his arms started Tandav, the dance of destruction
of the universe. Then, Lord Vishu came up to save the universe; he cut the body
of Sati into pieces with his weapon called Sudarshan chakra. Different parts of
Sati fell at different places these places are known as shakti peeths in India.
- In Kamakhya temple the Vagina or yoni of the Goddess fell, so the scripture or image
of Yoni is found in the Kamakhya temple, there is water all around this scripture
or image of yoni.
- There was a demon called Naraka who fell in love with Goddess Kamakhya because she
was divinely beautiful and wanted to marry her. Goddess put a condition before the
demon that if he could build a staircase from the bottom of the Nilanchal Hill to
the entrance of the temple within one night, then she would defiantely marries him.
- Naraka accepted this challenge and tried all with his might and effort to do this
daunting and seeming unachievable task. He was almost about to complete the job,
right then Devi got panic-stricken seeing the demon work, so she played a trick
- Devi strangled a cock and made it voice like crow to give the untimely impression
of dawn to Naraka. Deceived by the trick of Devi, Naraka thought it was a vain job
and left his work half way through. Later he somehow came to know it and chased
the cock and killed it in a place, the place is now known as Kukurakata, situated
in Darrang District in Assam. The incomplete staircase today is known as Mekhelauja
पढें महाशिवरात्रि 2017 शिव पूजा और पूजा सामग्री के बारे में , Click Here
Click Here For All Kamakhya Products
Click Here For All Religious Products
Click Here to Book Online Puja
Click Here For Astrology Services